OFFICIAL RULES FOR “BOXTROLLS NIKE SHOE” CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR MOBILE TWEETING NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. The “Boxtrolls Nike Shoe” Contest (“Contest”) begins 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) September 24, 2014 and ends 8:59 AM PT October 3, 2014 ("Contest Period").
2. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. A minor should have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter.
Your Entry may not contain, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- (a) Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- (b) Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- (c) Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- (d) Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, or its products or other people, products or companies;
- (e) Contains trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or phraseology), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary, except for The Boxtrolls motion picture materials, as defined below;
- (f) Contains copyrighted materials owned by any entity (including photographs and other works of art or images), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary, except for The Boxtrolls motion picture materials, as defined below;
- (g) Advertises or promotes any brand or product of any kind other than The Boxtrolls motion picture;
- (h) Contains any personal identification, such as personal names, street or e-mail addresses, or phone numbers;
- (i) Contains images of people or parties;
- (j) Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- (k) Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- (l) Promotes any particular political party, agenda or message; or
- (m) Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry which Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image and reputation. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Entry without prior notice.
Sponsor grants you a limited revocable, non-sub-licensable, license to use The Boxtrolls motion picture trademarks, logos, and trade dress (collectively, “The Boxtrolls motion picture materials”) for the sole purpose of creating an Entry and you may make no further use whatsoever of the Entry for any other purpose. In addition, you agree that all of the right, title, and interest in The Boxtrolls motion picture materials and all derivative works created using The Boxtrolls motion picture materials (including the Entry) are being conveyed to, and shall vest exclusively in, Sponsor, and you will not have or take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to The Boxtrolls motion picture materials except for the limited license granted to you in these Official Rules is being transferred or created.
4. By entering, you (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) represent and warrant that (a) you are the sole owner of your Entry and all rights in your Entry (except for any copyrighted or trademarked material owned by the Sponsor that the Sponsor has authorized the Entrant to use); (b) you have the right to submit the Entry and you are transferring and assigning to the Sponsor all ownership rights in and to the Entry; (c) your Entry consists of only your original work (except for any copyrighted or trademarked material owned by the Sponsor that the Sponsor has authorized the Entrant to use) and no part of your Entry (except for any copyrighted or trademarked material owned by the Sponsor that the Sponsor has authorized the Entrant to use) has previously been published anywhere else; (d) you have not granted any person, corporation or other entity any rights to use your Entry; (e) your Entry meets the criteria in Section 3; (f) your Entry does not defame or violate the rights of publicity or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon the publicity rights or privacy of any third person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or other third party rights; and (g) your Entry is not offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor does it violate any law. By submitting an Entry, you (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) warrant and represent that you consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
Sponsor shall own the Entries and Sponsor and its designees, successors, assigns and licensees shall have the right to edit, reproduce, publish, use, adapt, exploit, modify, distribute or dispose of any Entry and any elements embodied therein, in whole or in part, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known, in any manner, together with other materials, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, notification or approval of entrant or any third party. By submitting an Entry, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
By submitting an Entry, you (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may obtain many submissions in this Contest and that your Entry may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted in this Contest or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor, and you (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) waive any and all claims you have or may have, now or in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or its designees) are similar or identical to your Entry.
5. Judging All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged by qualified judges selected by Sponsor based on the following criteria:
- 1) Visually represents the Victorian and steampunk style of The Boxtrolls motion picture (50%)
- 2) Originality and creativity (50%)
The one hundred forty-four (144) Entries with the highest scores will be deemed the Grand Prize winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the Grand Prize winner based on the judging criteria above. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than one hundred forty-four (144) Entries, if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
6. Grand Prizes (144): One (1) pair of limited edition Nike Roshe Run Trollstrike sneakers and a pair of custom-printed Nike Dri-Fit Elite socks, in adult or child size of Sponsor’s choosing (Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) $250.00 each) Total ERV of all prizes combined is $36,000.00. Winners will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prizes not described herein as being awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize or portion of prize with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per person, per Twitter account and per household for the duration of the Contest Period.
7. Employees of LAIKA, LLC. (“Sponsor”), Wieden+Kennedy, Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
8. Potential winners will be notified by DM to his or her Twitter account and will be required to respond within three (3) business days of date of its issuance. In the event a response to any given DM is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential winners (or his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a minor) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within five (5) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. If any winner is a minor or at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be required to comply with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. In the event a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
9. By participating, entrants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names, Twitter names and/or likenesses (including, without limitation, Twitter profile photo) and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as a winner for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known, in any manner, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, Twitter, WIEDEN+KENNEDY, NIKE, INC., TRYMARK CONSULTING GROUP, L.L.C., AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY “IN THE BOX” WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH A PRIZE. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable, network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the incorrect uploading of any photo, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials or for any damage to your or other person’s computer hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, stolen, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Every Entry must be manually keystroked and manually entered by you and repetitive automated electronic submission of Entries is specifically disallowed. Use of script, macro or automated entry software or programs or other means or practices which subvert the entry process is prohibited and all such Entries will be void. If the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, or if the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any Entrant (and void his/her Entry/ies) whose conduct potentially compromises the Contest and at its sole discretion award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the act requiring such suspension or termination using the applicable judging procedure outlined above. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. As a condition of participating, entrant (And, IF AN ELIGIBLE MINOR, HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) agrees that a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any, and b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this CONTEST, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, AND in no event SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE attorneys’ fees OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
You (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) and the Sponsor waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules or the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS, CLASS LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. The names of the winners (available after November 1, 2014) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: “Boxtrolls Nike Shoe” Contest - Winners/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than January 15, 2015. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
Sponsor: LAIKA, LLC., 22990 NW Bennett St., Hillsboro, OR 97124.
14. Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.
Nike, Inc. and Twitter are not sponsors or promoters of this Contest.